|Hyde Park Corner
A stereoview from the 1870's showing the Ionic columns of Hyde Park Screen, erected in the 1820's on the north-west side of Hyde Park Corner. Designed by Decimus Burton, it was meant to be an imposing feature of the drive from Buckingham Palace into the park. On the far right of the prints the facade of Apsley House may be seen.
No photographer's or publisher's details are given. A printed label pasted on the reverse identifies the location.
condition: Very fine prints, but some grubby marks on the reverse. Flat mount.
|Back to list...